Ana's IkiMaru Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Japanese for Beginners in St. Petersburg - Sept 13 - October 11, 2011
by rjTheUser Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:14 pm

» Handmade Kimono Bookmarks
by rjTheUser Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:13 pm

» greetings from South America ^_^
by Hayashi-san Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 pm

» Foreign Kimono-San: The Great Debate
by Hayashi-san Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:33 pm

» Green Screen Studio Photography Grand Opening
by rjTheUser Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 am

» Ragstock - Kimono/Vintage Clothing Store in the USA - Review and photos
by Caroline13 Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 am

» Kimono-san in England
by Hachiko Thu May 19, 2011 3:02 pm

» Cherry vs. Plum Blossoms
by rjTheUser Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:13 pm

» Graffiti in Japan (グラフィティ)
by rjTheUser Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:22 pm

» Artist Sasu
by rjTheUser Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Gallery

Taikomochi Arai's Profile Empty
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

BookmarkAna's IkiMaru Forum! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Ana's IkiMaru Forum! on your social bookmarking website

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Taikomochi Arai's Profile

2 posters

Go down

Taikomochi Arai's Profile Empty Taikomochi Arai's Profile

Post  AnaIkimaru Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:17 am

Taikomochi Arai is one of the few remaining (male) taikomochi performers in Japan.

The following is from his website. Please check it out for more information! There is *TONS*!

Thank you Arai-san for a wonderful, informative website!

Taikomochi Arai

Born in Fukui City, Fukui Prefecture, Japan.

Taikomochi Arai 2001
Photo by Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd

Commenced to work as Taikomochi in the Kyoto area to present his traditional storytelling and performing art at geisha entertainment banquets.

Participated in Fukui Prefecture’s PR projects to promote publicity the existence of Taikomochi.
Appeared on the stage of Tokyo Asakusa Engei (entertainment) Hall, a famous performing art theater in Tokyo.
Appeared in the special column of Nikkei Ryutsu Shinbun (national financial and business newspaper), featuring local motivators.

Appeared on the nationwide broadcasting NHK’s special program “Human Map” featuring people active in various fields.

Opened Taikomochi Arai’s homepage in Japanese at the website:
http://www.mitene.or.jp/~houkan/

Started to write a serial column for the Kyoto version of Asahi Shimbun (national daily newspaper) on traditional entertainment culture.
Enrolled on the list of the membership of Asahi 21 Kansai Square (Asahi Shimbun’s message group).

Started to write a serial column for the local section of Asahi Shimbun on traditional entertainment culture.
Participated in the production of movie “Nagasaki Burabura-bushi” by Toei (a Japan’s major movie producer and distributor) as a staff to give instruction to the actor who was to act as Houkan in the movie.

Started to write a serial column for the local section of Asahi Shimbun.
Wrote book “Ma-no-Gokui” (The Essence of Timing in Performing Arts) published by Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd. (a Japan’s major publishing house) in November.
Invited to give lectures in open classes at Asahi Shimbun’s Asahi Culture Centers in Osaka and Kobe.

“Ma-no-Gokui”
(The Essence of Timing in Performing Arts) written by Taikomochi Arai and published by Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd. in 2001

Appeared on the special 12-hour radio program of FBC (a leading local broadcasting station) drawn up in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of its service commencement.
Appearing on a FBC’s weekly radio program broadcast around 2:20pm every Monday, featuring his own special corners.
Writing a serial column for the local section of Asahi Shimbun on seasonal subjects.

Started in English & French pagese.

NHK BS Hi-Vision TV

Book Yumoa-wajutsu

Book GEISYA TAIKOMOCHI ARAI

I give a lecture at lecture Warsaw university in Warsaw of the Polish country .

Papier des nouvelles Paris
Magazine

Lecture & performance in VIETNAM (YouTube Video)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Center for Vietnamese and Southeast Asian Studies
http://www.cvseas.edu.vn/en/tintuc/46
AnaIkimaru
AnaIkimaru
Admin

http://ikimaru.com/contact.html

Back to top Go down

Taikomochi Arai's Profile Empty Re: Taikomochi Arai's Profile

Post  hachizaru Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm

I emailed Mr Arai and he sent me his book. I'm very impressed with the role of the taikomochi - partly corny, partly rude, and partly an ice-breaker between the guests and the geishas. He represents a lineage originating in prehistoric shamanic fertility rituals. I love facilitating and empowering women, so I do my best to help with the Hachisu okiya and Mr Arai's book has inspired me with his age-old tradition. I also love the way he is clearly as happy as Larry with a job that involves working with beautiful girls and making lots of money. He shamelessly advises clients to spend everything they've got in a carefree way and quotes the old saying that if a man spends all his money on geisha, he will have to become taikomochi himself.
hachizaru
hachizaru

http://www.feetproductions.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum